We set up our SSRS ReportManager, wrote reports then handed off to the test
I added the user as a System User under Site Settings and then gave them Browser permissions on the Folder
containing the reports. I instructed the user to access the ReportManager at http://machine/reports and confidently sat back to
await their screams of joy at the gorgeous reports I had written.
Like a bucket of ice water in the face at 2am I was assaulted by this message in an email:
User ‘Domain\person’ does not have required permissions. Verify that sufficient permissions have been granted and Windows User Account Control (UAC) restrictions have been addressed.
I fiddled with Trusted Sites, started her IE in Administrator mode and read all number of intriguing articles about rsconfig and Windows Impersonation but none of it seemed quite real and then a beautiful someone alerted me to ‘Folder Settings’, or maybe I figured it out myself. I can’t remember.
Yes, giving my user ‘Browser’ privs in Folder Settings from ReportServer Home Page as well as giving them ‘Browser’ on the folder containing their reports was what it took to allow my testing
team person to test. Screams of joy now indeed fill the office.